[OT] Linux-friendly ergonomic mouse

Bill Tangren bjt at usno.navy.mil
Mon Nov 5 14:16:17 UTC 2007

On DATE, the author spaketh: Herta Van den Eynde
> On 04/11/2007, Bill Tangren <bjt at usno.navy.mil> wrote:
>> I am in the market for an ergonomic mouse that doesn't use the index
>> finger - I'm having serious tendinitis issues with that finger. I've
>> done
>> some googling and found a few likely choices, like the EM500 (GPL/GPS)
>> Ergonomic Mouse from IBM. The thing is, hardly any of the web sites I've
>> been to mention Linux compatibility.
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on or experience with using an ergonomic
>> mouse with Linux boxes (especially one that will work through a usb KVM
>> switch).
>>

>> --
>> Bill Tangren
>> U.S. Naval Observatory
>
> If your left hand is OK, you can alternatively switch your mouse to
> the left.  You can even change the buttons around, so that MB1 is left
> index finger.
> I know it sounds awkward to most righthanded people, but simply try it
> for a week or two.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herta

I'm doing this now, and it is helping, but I find it frustrating. I don't
have the dexterity with the left hand I have with my right. I am
constantly clicking on adjacent links by mistake.

Thanks for the advice, though.

--
Bill Tangren
U.S. Naval Observatory