Environment test

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Thu Oct 11 14:46:21 UTC 2007

Greetings:

	I have users who connect via ssh to run a particular application.
For those, I have their .bash_profile set to run this application and exit
when they close it.  But I often need those same users to login at the
console or via an X-Windows session for other things.  If they try to log in
via the console or X-client, it will fail because it tries to run this
application instead.

	What environment variable or tty test would work easiest to make
this "autorun" conditional?  If they are using X and create a terminal
session somewhere on the desktop, I DO NOT want that one to launch the
application either.  Thanks in advance.

Scully