Telnet connection closes immediately upon connecting

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Mon Oct 15 20:53:00 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, m.roth2006 at rcn.com <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
> Looks to me as though someone has shut down or firewalled telnet, to block new incoming connections. I'd want to look at the logs on the host, both messages and secure.

If that were the case, the server would never respond to the initial
SYN, preventing the connection from ever being established.

I'd look a bit more closely at my TCP wrappers configuration,
Kristoffer.  This is exactly the result you'll see if TCP wrappers is
preventing the connection.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
http://www.jeremygaddis.com/