Adaptec SCSI RAID 2000S

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue Oct 23 06:56:02 UTC 2007

Geofrey Rainey <mailto:Geofrey.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz> scribbled on Monday, October
22, 2007 11:08 PM:

That's strange. I recently installed three machines with RHEL4u3 (which is
rather old by now) with scsi-harddrives and using Adaptec 29320LPE-cards and
had no problem with the OS seeing the cards and the connected harddrives.
Anaconda correctly identified and used the adaptec 79xx drivers at boot and
install.

I did however have serious problems continuining installation after the
initial boot with the sata-cdrom drives. Turns out after a while that the
settings in bios were set wrong for sata-drives; for some reason the sata was
set to emulate pata and not native ahci-something (default settings in bios to
emulate pata with sata-drives? Legacy settings?)... After changing that sata
drives were correctly identified and correct drivers used.

In any case, I always set the "PnP-enabled OS" in bios to "yes". With linux
this has always worked for me. Maybe you should try too and see if it makes a
difference? YMMV of course and so on. 8-]

HTH.