RHEL4 and HP Proliant server

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Tue Oct 23 18:57:08 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, m.roth2006 at rcn.com <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
> Ok, I've got a guy here - he's really a network guy, and he's trying to put RHEL4 on a Proliant server, a DL380, I believe. It's *all* hardware RAID, and the std. RHEL4 CDs can't id the h/d. He's tried d/l a package from HP, but that unzips to a file.dd, which I'm thinking needs to be dd'd to something....
>
> Anyone have any ideas where he needs to go?

You'll most likely need either the cpqarray or cciss drivers.  I have
a pair of DL580's that are similar in hardware and that's the modules
needed for RHEL4 to see the (hardware RAID) volumes.

The file.dd is probably a floppy disk image, which can be written to a
floppy with "dd if=file.dd of=/dev/fd0".  The drivers on that floppy
can then be loaded during the installation process.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
http://www.jeremygaddis.com/