remove old quotas

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Mon Sep 10 20:35:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Aaron Bliss wrote:

> We have a redhat box using ldap for authentication, as well as quotas in place
> for our users.  There are a few users that have been removed from the ldap
> directory, however their quota still  exists.  Does anyone know how to purge
> these entries from the aquota.user files accross all filesystems?  Thanks for
> your help.

I believe quotacheck -uma should do the right thing.

If you can afford to remount the filesystem read-only, then run
quotacheck without the -m option.  quotacheck will be happier.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University