Creating 1 DVD from 3 red hat linux 9 cd's

nilesh vaghela nileshj.vaghela at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 04:47:36 UTC 2008

you can create you own iso image from the cd.

CD image is called iso image.

There are no iso image of cd in cd. (exception is boo.iso in first cd /images )

insert you cd in cd drive and check which the device for your cddrive

ls -l /dev/ | grep -i cdrom

the give following command
dd if=/dev/cddrive_device of=disk1.iso bs=1024

will create disk1.iso

repeat same thing with all disk.