Re: Hijacked email address.

> Good morning (California), RH list members-
>

> Any suggestions on how to deal with those who take over one's reputable
> email address to send spam??  This morning I have received an considerable
> amount of returned emails that I never sent out but that have as return
> path
> the usual p***y cowards' signature <>  and some even my actual email
> address.  And no, those did not originate from my account.

There is NO way to prevent people from forging your name to the From: line
on an e-mail message.

Anyone who believes a From: line as the source of spam needs to get a clue.

I have had it happen to me as well.  Nothing can be done about it except
to find a way to reject bounce messages from mail you never sent.  (Which
is hard to do right if you run a mailing list.)

Sorry.