Central logging and audit.log

I am looking at using all in-house tools (syslog.conf, /etc/sysconfig/syslog, and gnome-log-viewer or have the log file go to a web-accessed file), with everything being logged to /var/log/master_log_file or /var/www/master_log_file.

What the master_log_file doesn't capture are the entries in audit.log. If I use the viewer to review audit.log, I get the raw date/time stamp format, which is not human readable.

So, how can I get audit.log (from all clients) details to pipe (really also get copied) to the master_log_file, and, along the way, be properly interpreted by ausearch -i so I can actually tell the proper date/time of the entries?

Thanks.

Scott