suEXEC

Miner, Jonathan W (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Tue Aug 12 13:16:43 UTC 2008

The way I have always accomplished this is by splitting the task into two parts.  First, use the web interface to create a simple text file (or database) of work to be done.  Second, use a cron job, running with appropriate permissions, to read the text file, (or database) and perform the work, and notify the original requester.

The downside is that the work is done asynchronously.

On the plus side, you don't need to run the webserver with elevated permissions.