Init script not called during system shutdown

SIG - Pédagogie sigpedag at univ-paris1.fr
Tue Dec 9 13:59:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm using an up-to-date Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.7 (64 bits) system
and I'd like to setup a startup/shutdown script to manage an Oracle AS
10g R2 installation.

The script works fine (start/stop/restart) when called from a bash
prompt and it's launched at system startup with no problem.

The issue is that it's no called at all when the system shuts down, I
checked runlevels, permissions for the script, I even put some "wall"
and "echo" in it...

I try different priorities, different script names, different shells,
it's always the same. The only particularity of the script is that the
commands I launch need to run under a user with no privileges, I use
"su" for that.

(Once again, everything works when it's called from a shell, so doesn't
seem to be "su"-related and the "wall" and "echo" command that should be
exectued in root aren't executed)

I have absolutely no idea why this happens...

# ls -l /etc/init.d/ora-as1
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 617 Dec  9 14:45 /etc/init.d/ora-as1

# cat /etc/init.d/ora-as1
#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup script for Oracle AS 10g R2
# chkconfig: 345 86 14
#

start() {
         su -c "opmnctl startall" - ora-as1
         su -c "emctl start iasconsole" - ora-as1
}

stop() {
         wall "Stopping ora-as1"
         echo "`date` - Stopping ora-as1" >> /var/log/oracleas10gr2.log
         su -c "emctl stop iasconsole" - ora-as1
         su -c "opmnctl stopall" - ora-as1
}

# See how we were called
case "$1" in
   start)
         start
         ;;
   stop)
         stop
         ;;
   restart)
         stop
         start
         ;;
   *)
         echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
esac

exit 0

# find /etc/rc* -type l -name "*ora-as1*"
/etc/rc.d/rc1.d/K14ora-as1
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/K14ora-as1
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S86ora-as1
/etc/rc.d/rc4.d/S86ora-as1
/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K14ora-as1
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S86ora-as1
/etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K14ora-as1

# chkconfig --list ora-as1
ora-as1         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Any idea?
--
Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.