Mount

Binyon, Steve CTR USAF ACC 705 CTS/ASRCC Steve.Binyon at kirtland.af.mil
Mon Dec 15 14:42:23 UTC 2008

If it is a Gnome setting, one could set the mandatory settings and then
the non-root user would not be able to change various Gnome setting.
This is describe in the Gnome administrator's guide.
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/
This maybe adequate.  As for KDE?  I don't know.

For the cdrom, you could also look into the /etc/fstab file, which
provides various options in how the device is mounted (man fstab).  This
is more restrictive and may provide the best solution to the cdrom.

As for USB devices, I haven't found a good answer yet, since USB is also
driving the mice and keyboards now days.

~smbinyon