VMWare

Paul M. Whitney paul.whitney at mac.com
Wed Dec 24 15:52:43 UTC 2008

VMWare server 2.0 (I believe) is the latest release. It works like a charm. I do not believe you have any toasting concerns by installing and using it. There is a lot of support for it on the web mostly at vmware.com.

I personally use VMWare Workstation on Fedora 10 and Fusion on my mac. Both products rock. Makes testing and development a lot easier. Plus if you absolutely have to have Windows product that will not run on Wine, then installing an small instance of Windows with the app is the way to go.

I also use this technology at work with VMWare Infrastructure 3. Very powerful. There are other options in the market today such as Xen (Red Hat), Citrix, and even Windows Hypervisor. But they all seem to be playing catchup to VMWare's capability.

Paul