Re: Linux filesystem error

auser wrote:
> hi,redhat-list!
>
> When i login in a linux server by ssh and it prompt:
> -bash: /etc/profile: Input/output error
> -bash: /root/.bash_profile: Input/output error
> -bash-3.00#
<snip>
Two questions:
  first, what's the output of df, and
  second, have you looked in /var/log/messages

Given that it looks like there's a problem with both sda2 and sda3, I wonder
about a hardware error.

The other thing you could try is to take it down to single user mode, umount
the partitions, and run fsck on 'em.

	mark