nagios with nrpe

Mad Unix madunix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:00:13 UTC 2008

I built my nagios server to monitor other servers on the net
but facing problem with check_ping command on the screnn of nagios it shows
--> check_ping: %s: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!
on the main server :

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       linux1
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notification_interval           960
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command
check_nrpe!check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

on the client
command[check_ping]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$
-c $ARG3$ -p 5

--
madunix