how is udev integrated in redhat enterprise linux5?

leilei175 at gmail.com leilei175 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 07:51:46 UTC 2008

 pci=bfsort doesn't help.it seems this option will ask kernel to use
breadth-first when probing devices.
However, lspci always shows the same result whatever the eth[N] order
is.So I guess this has something to do with udev.
This box uses an EL5,in which the udev version is 095.

I think in the udev.c file udev will use the following sequence to
name all the devices:

udevd_main loops
found device
fork()
call modprobe to load drivers

I think this means udev cannot promise module loading order.

could you give me more hint on this?