Out of Memory - continued

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Wed Jan 23 10:21:09 UTC 2008

For now I have put the settings back to Overcommit_memory=0 and
Overcommit_ratio=50 which was the default settings. The setting i tried
though was Overcomitt_memory=1 and Overcommit_ratio=50 ( with this setting
the errors still occurred).

Regards

[IMAGE]
|+-----------------------------+------------------------------------------|
||   "Gerrard Geldenhuis"      |                                          |
||   <Gerrard.Geldenhuis at dataca|           To:        "General Red Hat    |
||   sh.com>                   |   Linux discussion list"                 |
||   Sent by:                  |   <redhat-list at redhat.com>               |
||   redhat-list-bounces at redhat|           cc:                            |
||   .com                      |           Subject:        RE: Out of     |
||                             |   Memory - continued                     |
||   23/01/2008 10:02          |                                          |
||   Please respond to General |                                          |
||   Red Hat Linux discussion  |                                          |
||   list                      |                                          |
||                             |                                          |
|+-----------------------------+------------------------------------------|

Hi Andrew,
Could you specify what you Overcommit_memory and other relevant settings
are at the moment.

> I have had a play around with the Overcommit_memory settings and
> Overcommit_ratio settings and i am still getting "Out of Memory -
killed
> process" errors. One thing i did notice was the errors are appearing
on
> our

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities