wrong default route

Sir June sir_june at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 14:30:12 UTC 2008

I have a server out there that i remotely manage.  i had a downtime the other day when we
restarted network services. then we found a wrong default route is laoded on the server
upon restart. i have the configs below. The defaultroute should be
GATEWAY=192.168.65.142  but it loaded GATEWAY=10.2.1.14 upon restart.
Could it be the sequence the interfaces are enabled from eth0 then eth1 then eth5, the
last interface activated its own gateway as default?

Should i delete the gateway on eth0 and eth5 such that it would make sure only the
defaultgateway on eth1 is loaded upon restart?

i just can't restart network services and see what happens, the server is in production
and it takes a lot of authorization before i can restart it.

thanks,
june

DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=no