IBM server slows down

Pankaj Batra pankajbatra.c1191 at sysnetglobal.net
Sat Jul 12 17:37:38 UTC 2008

Hi Techies.

We have RHEL4 installed on Xeon based IBM servers x series with 1GB RAM and 36GB*4 SCSI with RAID5 configured.
And clients connect server thru telnet session.
After 7-8 hours of working server seem to slow in response and over all working slows down.
Please note TIBCO also works here for updations.We have to restart the server in order to make the working faster.

Is there anyway in which :-
1.We don have to restart and refresh all the processes or memory ?
2.How many telnet connection(maximum) can be made on the server at a time?
3.Is there any way to close 6 consoles including graphical and only one console works with networking ?

Please do reply..

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj.