What does this mean

Pat Riehecky prieheck at iwu.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:25:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 12:57 -0500, Allen, Jack wrote:
> Hello:
>         I get the following every day from Logwatch. I am running RedHat
> EL 5.2.
>
> Does this indicate there is a problem?
> Or is it just general information?
>
>  --------------------- up2date Begin ------------------------
>
>  **Unmatched Entries**
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info
>  updateLoginInfo() login info

I submitted a patch up to the logwatch team a few months back to have it
ignore these lines, haven't seen it in their CVS yet though.... perhaps
it is my poor coding...

If you run the attached patch against your logwatch directory
(cd /usr/share ; patch -p< ~/logwatch_up2date.diff) you shouldn't see
the messages any more.... this will however void your logwatch support
with RedHat.

Pat