2.5 TB iSCSI Raid - one partition problem

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Jun 27 15:02:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I got a new iscsi raid with 6*500GB disks and set it up as one volume.

The volume got mounted, but I only can create a partition of about 275GB ...

I tried fdisk (util-linux 2.13-pre7), the original parted and a fresh
compiled parted 1.8.8, but I do get errors from parted or fdisk only
allows me to create the partition of the mentioned size. If I try to
create a second partition, I do get the fdisk-message, that there are no
more sctors free. Verifieing the partition tabel with fdisk shows
2440073647 unused sectors.

The system is centos 5.2 with the latest updates.

Any hints on how to get one partition?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Christoph Palmer, MdL, Minister a.D.

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt