screen goes black

Paula J. Lindsay paula at scripps.edu
Wed Mar 5 18:31:53 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,
I have a box running fedora core 8.  When this user logs into his
machine using kde, he ends up just getting a solid black screen.
I had him log into the machine using gnome, and he ended up with a solid
blue screen.  It sounds to me like his setting are
corrupt or something to that effect.  I know this isn't a fedora mailing
list, but I am really desperate to find a cure for this
poor user.  He did try to log on to another machine with the same results.

--
Paula J. Lindsay
IT Analyst III
paula at scripps.edu