SCSI - Domain Validation

Simon HENNEBAUT s_hennebaut at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:16:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm working on servers with 1 Ultra 320 SCSI disk with Red Hat Linux Enterprise WS3 & 4. I have a problem with the Domain Validation tests realised during the linux boot whereas the Windows 2000 boot is ok.
Sometimes, the boot goes until the end configuring my disk in 160 MB/s and sometimes it stops with a 'Spinlock recursion' error message.

No problems have occured with the Windows 2000 system and when the Linux boot goes until the end, everything is alright.

That's why I'd like to disable the Domain Validation Tests.

I tried this using the SCSI bios but it doesn't work.
I tried configuring the modprobe.conf with SCSI options and mkinitrd but it doesn't work too.

It seems as if Linux ignored the inhibition of these tests.

Could you give me some ways to do this or tell me if someone encountered this king of matter ?

Thanks