Mysql rpm upgrade

James R. Jones bnjrj at uaf.edu
Thu Mar 27 17:11:44 UTC 2008

I am not a dba, but I did a yahoo search for "upgrade mysql" and found
several links.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrade.html
http://www.washington.edu/computing/web/publishing/mysql-upgrade.html
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading_MySQL
http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/code/mysql-tutorial.htm

I do not know if any of these are useful but doing some searching on the
net may help along with using a test machine to get the process
documented for production upgrade.

jim