NIC Teaming

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Mon Mar 31 12:53:50 UTC 2008

Leaving the values won't confuse the bonding driver. I leave them
specifically because that helps to tie down interface so they are always
the same. eth0 will thus always be the same physical interface and so
on.

Can you point me to the documentation that supports removing hwaddr
lines... It is also likely that the manipulation of configuration files
differs from distro to distro...

The bonding driver documentation states that you can specify options for
the bond interface in the ifcfg-bondX file but that has not been the
case for me. I still have to specify options in the /etc/modprobe.conf
file.

Regards

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/