Re: A tool CD question

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, 飞文染翰 wrote:

I am preparing to be a network administrator, I really need a LiveCD contains lots of useful tools, but I don't know what are them and where I can get them.

Could you give me some suggestions so that I can get one I need. Most important thing is that the CD must contains many hard disk tools with lvm2, ext3, and etc. support, and also backup tools.

I have been very please by Recovery Is Possible (RIP). You can get it from:

	http://ftp.leg.uct.ac.za/pub/linux/rip/

It can be used as a CD as well as a kernel/initrd for PXE booting. You have a graphical version (that contains gparted, much like Partition Magic) or a console version which is much smaller to boot.

Hope that is useful ?
--
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --