How to verify a raw partition contains Oracle data

Thomas Fess dfezz1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 00:23:59 UTC 2008

You should find out what hba's you have? Emulex or
Qlogic. Find the driver and install it. And find out
what if any utilities your using, or need to use.
INQ, PowerPath = "powermt display dev=all" ,
HBAnywhere, "lun_scan all" etc.  If your using ASM
with your Oracle then you may have to use the oracle
ASM disk list command, not exactly sure what the exact
command is: "service oracleasm listdisks" but, I think
you need to have ASM libs installed and be using block
devices and not raw devices, which is another thing to
check.  sweeesh....  I hope i didn't just totally
confuse the issue.