Configuring Network intallation server

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri May 16 12:39:00 UTC 2008

Girish wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
>                   I want to configure a network installation server for
> linux in our company.  Can anyone help me how to configure the server.  I
> have searched in the net but I didn't get the full details how to configure.
> Some searches say just configure nfs server for ftp server and install
> through network.  Can anyone tell the entire procedure how to configure the
> network installation server or where can I find the procedure or documents
> to configure a network installation server.

Here we go again: you don't tell us what you need to *do* with it. We could
just say install it, and everything will be ready.

Will it be a d/b server? A development box? A production box, and if so,
backend? Webserver? LDAP server? Used by 1 person, 20, or 150? Do you need to
mount directories from here somewhere else, or vice versa?

	mark