Paritionning Error While Installing REL5

Sakthivel sarkdts at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 18:43:20 UTC 2008

Hi ,

    For GPT type hard disk we should use "parted" command to create/view the partitions.Other wise your Linux kernel should have GPT support.(GPT is a new technology for creating big file system like 4TB,5TB,etc.. , it's used instated of MBR)

Sakthi.

Jai Rangi <jrangi at automotive.com> wrote: Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Redhat 5.0 Enterprise edition on HP Server with
750GB Disks with hardware Raid 5, total of 5TB. When I do the
partitioning I get this error message,

"You boot partition is on a disk using GPT partitioning scheme but this
machine can not boot using GPT.

This can happen if there is not enough space on you hard drive.

The error must be corrected before you try to install Redhat Enterprise
server.  "

Has any one experienced this problem? Any idea for the solution.

Thank you,

-Jai