Linux server time getting out of sync frequently.

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue May 27 22:00:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 23:36 +0200, Roderick wrote:
> Never had this problem myself. I use VMware 3.5 and Linux RedHat 5,
> Fedora (even though VMware doesn't support it). I installed the VMware
> tools and I use NTP to set the time on the Linux virtual server.

Does the server keep accurate time? We have vwmare ESX servers (not sure
what version), but running RHEL3 and 4 as guests, neither of them can
keep anything close to accurate time. We first noticed this when one
server was almost 12 hours out of sync! A simple test found that the
servers started to lose time within the hour.

John.