mondorescue

Bill McNamara the.hcd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:08:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've used mondo for a while now (about 2 years) on proliant architectures
from RHEL2 to RHEL4.
It works very well on RHEL3 and RHEL4. I've made many backups/restores and I
recommend it for its simplicity.
In terms of hardware, only thing I'd note is that (in my experience)
restoring an image from non identical hardware has not been possible. ie.
it's a backup restore tool for identical hardware.. not a cloning tool.
The times for backup are reasonable and I've restored always from DVD after
creation of the iso image.

Bill