Upgrade of Red Hat linux 4.5 to 5.2.

FAUCONNIER Valery AWL-IT valery.fauconnier at atosorigin.com
Tue Oct 14 12:40:15 UTC 2008

I tried to Upgrade of Red Hat linux 4.4 to 5.2 a few weeks ago and it's not a good idea.
You will spend a lot time to resolve problem.
What I got : the modprob.conf was empty that's mean a lot of problem with modules you had with you previous release of redhat and packages were missing.
Honestly, if you have a good backup of your data, a fresh install is the better way; That what I do now.

valery