Linux 64-bit Prerequisites

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:51:40 UTC 2008

You should be able to install them both with:

yum -y install compat-db.i386 compat-db.x86_64

Of course, if the package you're ultimately trying to install is an
RPM, you can just do:

yum localinstall foo.rpm

That'll solve dependencies for you and you won't have to worry about
things like this.

FREE BONUS TIP!  When it comes time to remove those packages, you'll
want:

rpm -e --allmatches compat-db

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator