Clustering software for RHEL 5

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 06:06:19 UTC 2008

Hello list.

I'm in need of clustering software for doing pretty basic high availability
clustering, and have come across two candidates: Red Hat Clustering software
and heartbeat (http://www.linux-ha.org/Heartbeat).

We're not too keen on using freeware because of the lack of support, so Red
Hat Clustering software may be our best alternative. But before we decide
I'd like some input on the pros and cons of these, based on your experience.

If there are other software alternatives we should consider (that comes
with support) please feel free to write a few lines about them.

Regards,
Kenneth Holter