wrong command

Robert Freeman-Day presgas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:18:45 UTC 2008

Bruce,

At my University, a person who was getting to know Linux did this
accidentally.  In trying to rectify the situation, he was still having
issues accessing certain devices.  Unless you have done some script that
parsed your permissions on a fresh install and subsequent updates or you
run a corporate *nix (Apple), you are going to have some strange issues
for quite awhile.  Production machines should not have to be in that
situation, so re-installation is the best solution...nuking from orbit
is the only way to be sure!

Good luck!

Robert