A hard link problem

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Apr 15 00:12:45 UTC 2009

On 14Apr2009 13:18, m.roth2006 at rcn.com <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
| Following up my own post: my kludge was
| ls -Rli | sort -u | awk '{total += $6;}END { print "total: " total;}'
|
| My result was pretty much what df gave, so we do have a problem. Now
| I'm looking into alternatives, like incremental tar backups....

They won't be any better I expect, although I guess you can at least
compress them. Are you using the hard link tree approach I conjectured
in my previous email?

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I have always been a welly man myself. They are superb in wet grass, let
alone lagoons of pig shit.      - Julian Macassey