dependency problem

Chet Nichols III chet.nichols at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:24:07 UTC 2009

Hey James-
The package you're looking for is "lzo" (yum -y install lzo) - usually I'll
just do a Google search for the library file to see what package it belongs
to. Usually yum should just solve the dependencies, but in this case maybe
not? If 'lzo' doesn't solve it, check and see if there is also an
'lzo-compat' RPM; if the latest version of a package doesn't satisfy the
libraries you need, it's usually due to it being older and requiring that
the *-compat package be installed (ie: if the latest is lib.so.2, but you
need lib.so.1). Of course, that's not always the case, as sometimes it's
looking for a newer file that has yet to be packaged/distributed by the OS
community or vendor.

Hope this helps!

Chet

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM, James D. Parra <jamesp at musicreports.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Its been a long, long time since I've posted to this list.  Recently,
> purchased a server running RedHat Enterprise 5.3 and I am trying to
> install openvpn using yum install openvpn-*.rpm, but am getting a missing
> dependency of liblzo.so.1. I used 'yum list all |grep liblz' to try to
> locate the package.
>
> Where can I find that library and what is the best way to solve dependency
> problems on RedHat?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>

> James

chet nichols III