Tools for automatically updating linux server documentation

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Apr 24 15:21:26 UTC 2009

Hi there,

ocs-inventory (availabe as part of EPEL) will build a database of hardware configuration and
installed software automatically.

As for configuration, I use Subversion to version control all configuration files (from /etc,
/var/lib and other locations) and a branch structure with levels for "database server", "email
server" then the individual servers, and tags for each individual server (and template) "certified"
configurations.

[]s, Fernando Lozano