/etc/profile.d scripts

Dave Martini martini1 at llnl.gov
Fri Apr 24 16:36:00 UTC 2009

I have user logging into a RHEL4 box that has a default shell of C Shell.

I have a script in /etc/profile.d that is a Bash shell script with a .sh
extension.

Is there a way to have the users shell switched to bash shell when they
log into this RHEL4 box so that this particular .sh script in
/etc/profile.d can be sourced?

These are domain accounts so it's not a local account on the RHEL 4
machine and I'd like to keep their shell as C shell for all machines
except for this RHEL 4 box when they log into it.

I was hoping not to have to convert the .sh script in /etc/profile.d
to a C shell script.

If there are alternate ways to do this please let me know as well.

Thank  You.
Dave Martini
LLNL