GPL license for all rpm's.

Steve Phillips steve.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:43:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Rohit khaladkar
<rohit.khaladkar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Steve! This helps. The company that I work in has provided a iso
> image which does not have these in the same.Is there any idea, if it's
> uploaded anywhere on the internet.

I don't have ready access to a copy of RHEL5 currently (I assume that was
what you were meaning and not the Redhat 5.2 that came out toward the end of
the 90's ?) but can see if I can hunt something down about the Redhat
distribution license (I'll really just be doing a search on RedHats website
which you could possibly do as well - I'm on a terribly slow connection at
the moment so its taking an age :-) ).

In the meantime someone here could possibly post a link to where on the CD
you can find the file, and possibly a copy of the license file.

For the RPM packages, you should find the licenses get installed upon
installation of the individual packages.

for example - I have here automake

[root at wibble ~]# rpm -q automake
automake-1.9.6-2.1
[root at wibble ~]# cd /usr/share/doc/automake-1.9.6
[root at wibble automake-1.9.6]# ls
AUTHORS  NEWS  README  THANKS
[root at wibble automake-1.9.6]# more README
.
.
[bits snipped]
.
New releases are announced to autotools-announce at gnu.org.  Write to
autotools-announce-request at gnu.org if you want to receive them.

-----

Copyright (C) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003
  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This file is part of GNU Automake.

GNU Automake is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
any later version.

GNU Automake is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

along with autoconf; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.