GPL license for all rpm's.

Steve Phillips steve.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:52:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM, mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:

> Rohit khaladkar wrote:
> > Thanks Steve! This helps. The company that I work in has provided a iso
> > image which does not have these in the same.Is there any idea, if it's
> > uploaded anywhere on the internet.
>
> AFAIK, the GPL is in every individual RPM.

Just be careful with this train of thought as not all RPMs will be under the
GPL

for example, take the apache web server..

[root at wibble httpd-2.2.3]# pwd
/usr/share/doc/httpd-2.2.3
[root at wibble httpd-2.2.3]# ls
ABOUT_APACHE  CHANGES  LICENSE  NOTICE  README  VERSIONING  migration.css
migration.html
[root at wibble httpd-2.2.3]# more LICENSE
                                 Apache License
                           Version 2.0, January 2004
                        http://www.apache.org/licenses/

   TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION

[snip]

While most RPMs will be GPL, not ALL RPMs will be GPL.

--
Steve.