How to disable Mozilla Firefox (for quick enabling back later)

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 06:56:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I got a notification from our central security team not to use
Mozilla Firefox due to security vulnerability.

Kindly suggest ways I can disable Mozilla Firefox so that it's no
longer visible (& can't be launched anymore) from our Redhat
4.x & 5.x Linux Desktop (think it's Gnome GUI) but at the
same time, if I ever need it once in a blue moon, I can easily
reactivate it back (server reboot should be avoided)?

If the only option is for me to uninstall it, if I need to rpm install
it back, what's the package name & the rpm install command &
do I need to reboot the server after installiing to be able to use it?

Thanks