XFS support in RHEL 5u4?

SIG - Pédagogie sigpedag at univ-paris1.fr
Sun Aug 2 16:54:23 UTC 2009

SIG - Pédagogie a écrit :

> I was browsing the release notes of the upcoming "update 4" of Red hat
> Enterprise v5 and apparently the XFS filesystem will be supported in
> this release.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html-single/Release_Notes/
>

> "1.4.1.3. Filesystems
>
> [...] Support for the XFS file system has also been added to the kernel
> (BZ#470845)."
>
> Any tester of the beta version of RHEL 5u4 to confirm?

Reply to myself in case someone here is also interested : I tried RHEL
5u4 Beta and the XFS filesystem is supported but the "xfsprogs" package
(mkfs.xfs, xfs_growfs, xfs_admin, etc.) is missing.

Maybe it will be added in the final release of RHEL 5u4, if not it can
be easily build from the sources
(ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/cmd_tars/), all you need is GCC and the
e2fsprogs-dev package for libuuid.

--
Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.