disable automatic updates

Paul jpb at entel.ca
Wed Aug 12 17:26:48 UTC 2009

ESGLinux wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> I have the autoupdated disabled, Look at the yum-updatesd.conf
>
> [main]
> # how often to check for new updates (in seconds)
> run_interval = 3600
> # how often to allow checking on request (in seconds)
> updaterefresh = 600
>
> # how to send notifications (valid: dbus, email, syslog)
> emit_via = dbus
> # should we listen via dbus to give out update information/check for
> # new updates
> dbus_listener = yes
>
> # automatically install updates
> do_update = no
> # automatically download updates
> do_download = no
> # automatically download deps of updates
> do_download_deps = no
>
> Sincerely, I think that someone has applied the updates manually and now is
> in silence. Is there any way to know if the update has been done manually or
> automatically (perhaps looking at any log file) ?
>
> Greetings,
>
> ESG

Any updates should be in /var/log/yum.log, but I am not sure where to
look for who initiated the updates. Does every admin on your system have
access to the root account, or do you require all administrators to log
in on an unprivileged account and then use su or sudo to perform
administrative tasks?

Cheers,

--

Paul Blonde