no autoindent in VIM

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Aug 20 09:43:35 UTC 2009

On 20Aug2009 13:51, Slackli User <slackliuser at gmail.com> wrote:
| I'm using VIM version 7.1.285.
| When I open a script, say it's a perl file, and want to copy and paste
| some lines of code from another file to this one, the pasted lines are
| always auto indented.
| Though I have inputed ":set noautoindent" command in VIM, but it's not helpful.

Are they indented in the other file? Cut/paste (if you mean mouse based,
and not via vim's buffer scheme) will include leading spaces.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Shrinkage brings the flakes into contact and creates the circuit.
- overhead by WIRED at the Intelligent Printing conference Oct2006