Max memory on RH 5.2 32 bit..

Monty wig montywig at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 14:51:23 UTC 2009

Hello Gurus,

This might not be the right list for this question but still I am posting it
here because I didn't get any response from any where else.

We are getting OutOfMemory error while installing Weblogic 10.0 on a VM
running RH 5.2 32bit with default kernel version 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE. We
have total of 8GB RAM and had to install PAE version of kernel so it can see
all the available memory otherwise with 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 kernel it sees
only 4 GB of RAM even though we have assigned 8 GB at the VM level.

Now my question is what is the max memory limit on a 32bit system running RH
5.2 and has anyone seen any issues with PAE kernel if we have more RAM than
the max limit on a 32bit OS?

Thanks
-Monty