Software, utility, or script to block automatically these cracker attacks

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:31:28 UTC 2009

> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Marti, Rob<RJM002 at shsu.edu> wrote:
> > http://www.modsecurity.org/
>
> > Apache plugin that will stop most/all of these kinds of attacks.  Test it
> before you enable it because it has
> > the potential to stop all kinds oftraffic :)
>
> > Rob Marti
>
> Well, noticing the issues that ESGLinux was experiencing with your
> mod_security advice, I was hoping there was something else.  On the
> other hand, thanks for reiterating the advice --I guess there is no
> way around it :-) if I want to keep more secure site(s).
>
> Best Regards and thank you again.

I´m still  working of solving this problem. I´m finally going to use this
mod of apache instead of using iptables, because with iptables I couldn´t
resolve the problem without affecting other valid users....
I have a preproduction system and want to update my servers soon and stop
this kind of attacks for ever. If I finally resolve it I´ll post how I did
it,

Greetings,

ESG