How to change default xclient on Centos 5

Ahmed Mohamed ajmoham at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 01:32:20 UTC 2009

Your later question is not clear to me either.

btw, what is the default int id of your machine? 3 or 5?
Check for /etc/inittab file. and it should look something like this:
id:5:initdefault:.

Warning: don't mess up this file unless you are absolutely certain you can
do it!

I assume X is running.
If what you mean is how to change the default xclient currently in use, then
do the following ( I assume both kde and gnome are installed and not
corrupted):

(Before logging in to  Xwindow,:)

* select the xclient of your choice from the session window at the bottom
left and click 'change session' in the same window and accept it.
that will become the default xclient, unless you lchange it. later.

Hope that will work.