Does RHEL implement Include directive in the sudoers file?

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:26:40 UTC 2009

Hi.

We're running a bunch of RHEL 4 and RHEL 5 servers, and are reorganizing our
sudoers file. What I'd like to do is to have one static sudoers-file, but be
able to include files with additional entries. In our particular case, we
need to differentiate between RHEL 4 and RHEL 5 sudoers files, because RHEL
4 does not support sudo+netgroups while RHEL 5 does.

So what I could use is some include directive in sudoers. I've found at
lease one post (
http://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2007-September/003313.html) that
says that sudo supports include directives, but there is no reference to
this in the sudo man page. Does anyone know if the sudo implementation
included in RHEL 4 and 5 (version 1.6.7 and 1.6.9 respectively) supports the
include directive, or is going to support this soon?

Best regards,
Kenneth Holter