Yum repo, mysql and php problem

Marius Boitor boitor.marius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:12:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

a small issue with repositories. I needed php-devel package and because the
default redhat repo didn't had what I needed I installed the package with
--enablerepo=remi option. Yum installed me also a new version of
mysql-server.

The problem:

yum is showing different versions of mysql-server like this:

-------------------------

#yum install mysql-server mysql

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin

Setting up Install Process

Parsing package install arguments

Package matching mysql-server-5.0.45-7.el5.i386 already installed. Checking
for update.

Package matching mysql-5.0.45-7.el5.i386 already installed. Checking for
update.

Nothing to do

-------------------------

# yum --enablerepo=remi install mysql-server mysql

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin

Setting up Install Process

Parsing package install arguments

Package mysql-server-5.1.31-1.el5.remi.i386 already installed and latest
version

Package mysql-5.1.31-1.el5.remi.i386 already installed and latest version

Nothing to do

-------------------------

# rpm -qa | grep mysql

mysql-libs-5.1.31-1.el5.remi

mysqlclient15-5.0.67-1.el5.remi

php-mysql-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.8.1a-1.2.2

mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.12-2.2

mysql-5.1.31-1.el5.remi

mysql-server-5.1.31-1.el5.remi

-------------------------

# rpm -qa | grep php

php-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-tidy-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-soap-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-pear-1.7.2-2.el5.remi

php-pdo-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-cli-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-mysql-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-mcrypt-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-ldap-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-imap-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-devel-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-common-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-mbstring-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

php-gd-5.2.8-1.el5.remi

phpmyadmin was showing me that my php library is not compatible with mysql
server version.( Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your
MySQL server version 5.1.31. This may cause unpredictable behavior.)

I only did this yum makecache to recreate the cache but it seems that is not
enough.

OS: RHEL 5

Any help appreciated.

With respect,